Monday, August 2, 2010

Found Enid Blyton books

I was very surprised yesterday when I was window shopping at Strand and came across several Enid Blyton's books. This is the first time I see one of her books in print in a long time!
They're brand new too!
A lot of them are small children's stories, but I also found Amelia Jane's books, the Wishing Chair, and a couple of Find-Outers books. No Malory or Saint-Clare, though!
I heard in the Enid Blyton Society that they're going to publish again the "Five" books, but they're going to modernize the language, and do a "political correct"edition (they're going to get a "talking to" instead of a box in the ear, for example).
I never liked the "Five", though. Couldn't stand Julian (too domineering and self righteous), George got on my nerves (what kind of girl would rather be a boy?), Anne was a wimp and Dick spend all the time eating.
My favorite series were "The Find Outers" (I absolutely loved Fatty, and related to Bets), The Adventure Series, Malory Towers and Saint Clare's.

No comments:

Post a Comment