Thursday, June 24, 2010

What I did for love, Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Can I start by saying how much I liked this cover? I find it absolutely gorgeous, and I love the dress.

Georgie York is a down-on-her-luck star, better known for her role as adolescent Scooter in a television sitcom that ended 8 years ago, and who now has to deal with an scandalous divorce (very Jennifer Aniston vs Brangelina).

The last thing she wants is a new scandal - like the one that's about to happen if the media finds out that, on a wild night in Vegas complete with booze and drugs, she married her hated former co-star, Bramwell Shepard. She has to convince Bram to stay married to her - by waving a fat paycheck in his face.

Bram is the most obnoxious, sarcastic, and sexiest man alive... and he also has his own agenda. 8 years ago he blew the opportunity of his life when the sitcom show was cancelled due to his irresponsability, getting a bad reputation that had keep him from achieving a succesful career.

Now, if he could only show that he has grown and is responsible, he might have a second chance. And what could be better than staying married to America's sweetheart, Georgie York? Not that he is going to tell Georgie any of his plans...

I liked the book. It was like watching an episode of E! - from the stars POV. Bram was a manipulative SOB, but he was irresistible. Actually, the thing that kept me from loving this book was that Georgie made him suffer to much at the end... and now that I think of it, it was only what that deceptive snake deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment