Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ten things I love about you, by Julia Quinn


The plot in a nutshell: Annabel Winslow is invited by her grandparents to the London Season. Her family has money troubles, so she feels the pressure to marry well, but when her grandfather all but pushes her into the arms of his friend, Lord Newsbury, she's dismayed. Surely she couldn't marry one of her grandfather's friends? But how can she refuse, when her widowed mother is struggling for money?
Resigned to her fate, Annabel decides to enjoy one forbidden kiss with an unknown rogue at a party, little knowing that she's about to find magic in the arms of Lord Newsbury worst enemy: his heir.

I easily can think of 10 things I love about this novel. One it had me smiling from page 1, because Two the hero, Sebastian Grey, is utterly charming and funny, Three Annabel is warm and very nice and Four you can see from the moment they meet that they're perfect for each other.
What's more, Five Sebastian is an author of gothic novels, which is highly unusual and original and Six they discuss opera, which I love. Seven the secondary characters had their own distinct personalities and amusing traits and Eight the villain was despicable. Nine, the counting that went on in the novel wasn't annoying and finally, Ten I closed the book with a grin and a warm feeling inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment