Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Starting Stormfire

Today I started reading Stormfire, by Christine Monson. I'm in the page nb 20 and I'm already hooked.

It's been adventure after adventure since I read the first page. Our heroine has already been sexually harassed by a spaniard noble, kidnapped on her way to school, recaptured, and knocked inconscious after she tried to escape in the high seas (and I have to say she did a pretty good job).

Catherine is a small fragile thing with the fighting skills of Princess Fiona (Shrek). She beat the hell out of his captor - a guy I thought was the hero until it became apparent that he was too nice for that... after all, this is a 1984 bodice ripper ;). I haven't meet the real hero yet, but he sounds like a real sociopath (and since he was a child, too). A cold and reserved child, incapable of bonding or showing love/affection to anyone, and obsessed w/ revenge... I can only tremble for Catherine's fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment